What gasket for 94mm big bore?

2 replies to this topic
  • Tyson Wall

Posted April 24, 2012 - 10:41 PM

I tore down my engine today in my YZ400f after finding gobs of metal in the oil filter and found the issue was from the cam chain tentioner was messed up and caused the cam chain to rub.

Well, now I need to put it all back togeather and messured the bore of the cylinder and it came out to 93.7mm (guessing its a 94mm big bore since I got the bike this way) and now need to find the gasket for this.

I found a 94mm top end gasket kit but will that kit come with the gasket above and below the cylinder? Casue I cant find a complete kit for 94mm.

Thanks!

Edited by Tyson Wall, April 24, 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 25, 2012 - 08:35 AM

A 426 head gasket should fit, and accommodates a 95 mm bore. I see no reason that won't do the job for you.

The base gasket is just the same as the OEM 400.

• SWIGIN

Posted April 25, 2012 - 12:47 PM

I agree with greyracer, but that 94mm top end kit would be the gaskets you are looking for.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.