Tank replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • Mxer303

Posted September 04, 2001 - 05:16 PM

The tank on my 00 426 just cracked this past weekend, and I was wondering where to find a stock size replacement. I checked locally, and a Yamaha tank is $322. Anyone had any luck fixing these tanks? Mine has a small 1/2 inch crack at the rear of the tank under the seat. I tried epoxy, and it lasted about one lap before I started smelling it again. If I have to buy a new one, I do not want an oversized tank- does anyone besides Yamaha make a stock replacement?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BikeDestroyer

Posted September 04, 2001 - 06:29 PM

Try Clark, they just came out with a stock size tank for the YZF. Blue or Clear. I think they are $165

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted September 05, 2001 - 04:44 AM

It may not be shown but you can give them a call. Was quoted 155.00 a few months ago.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.