tall seat foam for the wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted October 19, 2003 - 08:35 PM

anyone know of anyone who makes it for this bike, i only see yz450 but im not sure if that will fit :D or will i have to custom make one :D thanks in advance guys :D :)

• timvv51

Posted October 20, 2003 - 05:04 AM

Got mine from http://www.bluetraxx...tsseatcover.htm Guts racing and am very happy with it. It is foam and cover and easy to install. Durable and look great. Tim

• Machster

Posted October 20, 2003 - 05:42 AM

I 2nd the Guts tall seat foam. It works great, and their customer service is second to none! :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted October 20, 2003 - 06:20 AM

I am very happy with my Guts tall foam seat on my WR450. The new cover was hard to staple on with a spring gun. Need to get it reworked with a pneumatic stapler.

• wrooster

Posted October 22, 2003 - 05:17 PM

gents,

if you purchase new foam and a seat cover from GUTS, they will install it for you onto your base. call them up, talk to Andy, order the stuff you need. then just send them the base, wait a few days, and your "new" seat will show up.

also see
http://www.thumperta...0&Number=629961

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• Stefe9999

Posted October 22, 2003 - 06:32 PM

TO other users of guts, I love mine too, but its time for a new foam. I got the medium compound foam because they said it is softer than stock. I didn't want to get their 'soft' because I thought it wouldn't last or I would sink too far into it. But, when I called them, they told me they sell lots of the soft to off-road riders. So I am thinking of trying it. Any opinions?

Thanks!

• ETP

Posted October 23, 2003 - 05:50 AM

My Guts "soft" foam seemed real firm when I first installed the seat. Feels just about right after a few dual sport rides now. Not too firm or soft. We will see how long it lasts. :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.