JT Sprockets . . . Opinions Please.

2 replies to this topic
  • Matt_W

Posted September 04, 2001 - 04:17 PM

I need to buy a new rear sprocket for my YZ426, and I've seen a couple of on-line places offer "JT" Sprockets. They are steel sprockets and run anywhere from $19-$25 dollars. Are they good, junk or different ?? I have never heard of this brand before. I'm looking for durability not light weight or anything special. The price is attractive compared to a Renthal at $49, and Sunstar which is a special order for the number of teeth (51) I'm looking for.

Matt W
00 YZ426F
94 YZ 250
"Don't worry about me, how's my bike ?"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf

Posted September 08, 2001 - 07:46 PM

i tried a jt titanal (aluminum) sproket and it wore out at least twice as fast as anything ived used in the past (renthal afam sunstar)and that was with a new o-ring chain. you get what you pay for trust me. junk

• mxchamps

Posted September 11, 2001 - 08:08 PM

Honestly, steel is stronger than aluminum. That is why you don't see anyone offering an aluminum countershaft sprocket. A steel sprocket should outlast an aluminum one. However, more importantly is the choice of chain. If you use a cheap chain it will stretch and wear out a cheap sprocket just as fast as an expensive one. The sprockets won't have a choice. JTs should be a decent choice. Go with the JT steel sprockets and a nice o-ring chain and you won't be disapointed!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.