Electric start wont work

5 replies to this topic
  • mcIdaho

Posted April 22, 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a wr450 starter problem. Went on a ride yesterday and half way through the ride the electric start stopped working. I was getting a ticking noise from the the starter relay I think. Basically where Positive battery lead goes into the fuses. I though the battery may be drained from a new Trail Tech computer but I charged the battery and disconected the computer and the same ticking occured. I have also jumped the positive terminal to the Starter lead and nothing not even a click. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• allterra

Posted April 22, 2012 - 04:26 PM

I don't have an Estart yet But I suspect it is like every other starter. and from wnat you have said it sounds like your relay may have given up. if it is not a seprate relay then remove the starter and apply 12v to the starter it's self to see if you can get it to activate. Once again I don't know but, it seems that there are several diff companys that sell them it may be a inherently weak part in the WR's. I have also seen a few topics on here that deal with starter upgrades. I have not read them as I do not have one. good luck.

• Stealth13

Posted April 23, 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a wr450 starter problem. Went on a ride yesterday and half way through the ride the electric start stopped working. I was getting a ticking noise from the the starter relay I think. Basically where Positive battery lead goes into the fuses. I though the battery may be drained from a new Trail Tech computer but I charged the battery and disconected the computer and the same ticking occured. I have also jumped the positive terminal to the Starter lead and nothing not even a click. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had this too and I thought something was broken but it was my 1 month old battery crapped out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted April 23, 2012 - 06:41 AM

I had this too and I thought something was broken but it was my 1 month old battery crapped out

Yeah, I say try a different battery before going any farther. You can just jump power off your car battery directly to the starter motor for a quick free test.

• W R

Posted April 24, 2012 - 04:33 PM

I had this same thing too and my 2 week old battery crapped out.

• yamtoy655

Posted April 24, 2012 - 05:15 PM

I had this same thing too and my 6 week old battery crapped out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.