Bogged Down/Chain Slap?

3 replies to this topic
  • chriswh86

Posted April 21, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hey all,

Just got my first thumper, 06 wr450f. Anyways, Im pretty sure im right that this situation causes chain slap but i just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

I went out for my first cruise on the wr today, Didnt ride it to hard but a couple times around corners id go into the corner around 4th gear and slow down quite a bit and the bike would lug out of the corner, caused by me not changing gears, anyways. Once i rolled on the throttle it sounded like the chain slapped a couple times before the motor winds up a bit.

So my question, is chain slap normal a bit when you lug the motor down when your in a higher gear going slow...

Hope i explained it well

• KennyMc

Posted April 21, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Normal stuff. It is the swingarm chain guide making the noise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chriswh86

Posted April 21, 2012 - 10:34 PM

thought so, thanks for the fast reply. hard to diagnose while riding lol

• Thommo_400f

Posted April 26, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Just tweak the chain tension a bit...there should be a sweet spot where you have less slap.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.