NEW Honda CR250 2-stoke rumors?

8 replies to this topic
  • CR250_182

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

While at the track today one of my friends said Honda is supposed to be coming out with a new 250 2-stroke. Is this really true? I really hope so because I'm a big 2-stroke fan. ALSO off subject.... Is a 2006 KTM 300 XC-W with a rekluse pro clutch, new top end and more extras worth $3K?? Let me know! Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chokey

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I highly doubt it. Even if two-strokes do make a come-back with the Japanese manufacturers, Honda will be the last to do so, and will only do so if they feel that they are losing significant sales by not having a two-stroke.

• Sierra_rider

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Actually, Honda's coming out with a 900 8-stroke to compete against the 450's.

• dmm698

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

There was some talk at the amateur nationals this year about Kawi and Suzuki bringing back a 125 and 250 smokers. If that happens, Honda will not be doing the same unless the market absolutely turns and they are not selling any bikes at all. Honda pushed out the two strokes the moust out of any manufacturer. Plain and simple, I love two strokes as much as anybody - Sound/smell/feel of riding them, but lets be honest the four stroke is a lot easier to race.

• J McDuff

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

yes

• highmarker

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

who said honda quit building smokers? every kiddy car civic on the road smokes like chimney

• johnnyboy

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Maybe he got confused with the Husky CR as they have stated they are developing a injected model for 2013

• choppertown

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

its actully going to be a 2 3/4 stroke.

• CRF100biker

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

honda will NEVER build a 2-stroke bike again. they were reluctant to even build 2-stroke motorcycles in the first place. the only reason they ever built one is they had no choice but. with modern 4-stroke technology that wasn't readily available back then, there is no going back for honda.

about the newest honda cr you will find is a 2007 model or a service honda bike.

Edited by CRF100biker, 22 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Spring Rebuild Pictorial by Fattonz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  84 replies
Forums
Photo

1996 cr250 by RideHardOrDieHard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

How long would a 2004 cr125 last? by Michaelthebeast

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Idea's to De-tune or Tone Down CR85RB by jester125

• Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

So sad by chadster54321

• Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.