YZ exhaust affect jetting?

3 replies to this topic
  • kwinn044

Posted April 20, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi, TT members,
I am about to do a few mods to my bike tomorrow like AIS, jet kit, and a YZ exhaust system. I have gotten a lot of insight and answers from this sight and the members so thanks for that.

I am just wondering if the YZ exhaust being bigger diameter will affect the jetting i need differently than just the stock WR exhaust?

I plan on following the JD instructions but if anybody has any insight or suggestions i ride at anywhere from 500-4000ft, 10 - 20 celcius ( 50 - 70 F) right now. All jets are stock.

Thanks again if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:12 PM

More than likely you will not need to alter the jetting past the WR jetting upgrades outlined in the kit.
If you read the kit (most) instructions will give jetting options for different pipes, airbox mods, etc.

Don't forget to change your leak jet to a 50.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kwinn044

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:25 PM

More than likely you will not need to alter the jetting past the WR jetting upgrades outlined in the kit.
If you read the kit (most) instructions will give jetting options for different pipes, airbox mods, etc.

OK thanks i will make sure to change the leak jet as well. I've new to jetting, so hopefully i don't have a problem finding all the all of them. Is there any links for a walkthrough of some sort?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:59 PM

OK thanks i will make sure to change the leak jet as well. I've new to jetting, so hopefully i don't have a problem finding all the all of them. Is there any links for a walkthrough of some sort?

http://www.dirtrider...ld/viewall.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.