YZ throttle stop Part #?

4 replies to this topic
  • kwinn044

Posted April 19, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Does anybody know if the YZ throttle stop has a part number? I phoned my dealer today and they couldn't find it. In Canada, not sure if it matters.

• grayracer513

Posted April 20, 2012 - 02:27 PM

For a YZ450 or 426, it's 5JG-14591-00-00

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SilvFx

Posted April 20, 2012 - 02:38 PM

kwinn...this should give you some insight into how 'knowledgeable' the dealer is....Reference item #61 on the part fiche in the carburetor section.

http://shop.thumpert...2008&model=5966

I will admit the carburetor has a lot of parts and it takes a bit of time to figure it out.....but they are supposed to be experts and do this stuff for a living.

• kwinn044

Posted April 20, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thanks guys I'll try that. And i know they didn't even know what i was talking about when i first tried.

• grayracer513

Posted April 21, 2012 - 10:35 AM

People who work the parts counter are seldom very steeped in knowledge of the machines they sell parts for, particularly such arcane things as this. In fairness, though, look at the illustration and see if you'd have thought that was the throttle stop screw even know where it is and what it looks like.

In the days when I was a tech working at dealerships, whether it was cars or bikes, I was called to the parts counter to "interpret" stuff the counter guys didn't understand many dozens of times.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.