Aftermarket clutch levers for lighter pull

I was thinking about the MSR Raptor. I used it on my old ass 2 stroke and thought it worked

great, it never presented an issue and made the clutch much easier to use and control.

I did a search before in the wr and other fourms and saw several horror storys of them strippping out.

From what I read you have to use a YZ450 cable to take up the space of the missing clutch switch.

I will be ordering one soon , I hope but ....I got other fish to fry, like an 07 headlight , Moose foot pegs,

and the list just keeps getting longer ? .

I am goona try one forsure on my WR .

Navaho6, Follow the clutch cable down to where it ends at the clutch actuating lever. The lever has a small bend in it. I remove the lever, and take the bend out of the lever by either using a vise, or hammering it straight. Then reinstall. This slightly lengthens the lever, giving you a slightly easier clutch pull. Of course, a new, properly routed clutch cable helps too. As does a Reqluse auto clutch!!!!!

Maniac

Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone tried an aftermarket clutch cable like a Motion Pro T3? (Edit - just ordered one, so I'll know soon. Part # 05-3002)

I will do the free mod on the lever like I did on my '06 (2nd slot for cable end). I have to disagree about the pull being light but it is all relative. KTM hydraulic clutches are the definition of a "light clutch pull" - about 25% less effort than my '09 WR.

I was at the Yami dealer last week. The 2012 YZ's have a much ligther pull than the 2012 WR450. I wonder what the difference maker is?

Edited by Navaho6

• 1 month later...

i've been using the msr raptor on the easy pull setting....

had to use a yz cable to make it work.

love it, extremely light lever pull. not a big deal, unless you're on hour 4 of an enduro - which is where the most technical stuff is always thrown in for good measure.