wr450f power?

23 replies to this topic
  • Bandit9

Posted May 01, 2012 - 11:27 AM

Most people want an electric start YZ with wide ratio tranny, 18" rear wheel, and bigger tank. That is why we modify. If Yamaha would just produce an "XC" version of the YZ, then this wouldn't be an issue.

• Rocky739

Posted May 01, 2012 - 11:37 AM

Most people want an electric start YZ with wide ratio tranny, 18" rear wheel, and bigger tank. That is why we modify. If Yamaha would just produce an "XC" version of the YZ, then this wouldn't be an issue.

You just hit the nail on the head! Seems the Japanese have a strange idea of what a enduro/ cross country bike should be.. KTM, Husky and others have been building these for years now with great results.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lach_23

Posted May 02, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Yeah i agree, one of the reasons I didn't go or a ktm/husky/berg is cause European parts here are worth more than bloody gold is. And the service intervals are really often. And for my first bike after like 6 years of not riding MOTO didnt want that killer price.

• Rocky739

Posted May 02, 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yeah i agree, one of the reasons I didn't go or a ktm/husky/berg is cause European parts here are worth more than bloody gold is. And the service intervals are really often. And for my first bike after like 6 years of not riding MOTO didnt want that killer price.

Same here, I couldn't find a decent used euro bike for less than 6,000 dollars that wasn't a heap that needed a ton of work. I think the WR is decent but not on par with the euros, still a great trail bike that can go way faster than I need to! Dollar to fun ratio is high and thats all I care nowadays..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.