Bars spacer - lower front end

4 replies to this topic
  • Derek_Burns

Posted April 19, 2001 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know of any manufacturer of spacers to raise the handlebars just a little extra, I'm a bit of a short arse.
preferably in the UK, but any info is appreciated. I have looked into milling up a pair, but want to check I'm not wasting my time with a complex milling operation to find them readilly available.

Thanks
Del

• Taffy

Posted April 19, 2001 - 12:09 PM

c'mon derek!

the french call us a nation of shop keepers & i've managed to persuade the yanks that we're a nation of engineering geniuses!

one on every street corner. look up the yellow pages for the guy with the smallest advert. visit your local pub!

just pull an original clamp off & they'll do a copy of it's footprint.

good luck!

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derek_Burns

Posted April 19, 2001 - 12:18 PM

I was kinda hoping somebody would tell me that some indian company knocks them out at £2 each.... wishfull thinking I suppose.
Milling out a male/female spacer in that 'omega' profile looks a bit tricky, getting a good tolerance could be time consuming.
Did you make yours Taffy?

• Taffy

Posted April 19, 2001 - 09:44 PM

i asked my man simon which cnc mill he'd used & he said that he'd finished it all off with a file!

to stop them spinning you could drill a hole up through the plate into the clamp & put one of those allen screws that looks like a 'slug' in. the one's that are 100% thread.

if you're crude like me you can get a cold chisel & make a burr at the interface which would also stop it rotating.

mine did cost £2. but i think he'd give you a liverpool kiss if you called him an indian!

Taffy

• Derek_Burns

Posted April 23, 2001 - 01:14 PM

Cheers Taffy.... I might have a crack at making them up, I did think it would be less complicated to finish them off by hand...... but reminds me too much of my apprentice days.
I'm a powertool man these days :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.