Question about mud and power

2 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted April 19, 2012 - 08:54 AM

I was riding my bike in a lot of swampy areas and it seemed to lose a lot of power as I rode it more. I then raced my buddies 250 and it felt slow and topped out at 130 and wouldn't go anymore... Does mud/dirt get into certain spots and do this?

Because before I could rip it up to 150 and a lot quicker.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted April 19, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Could be your air-filter getting dirty restricting airflow, excessive weight of the mud, extra drag on your drivetrain, maybe even the breather hoses getting slightly plugged. Definitely clean around your front sprocket, chain guide, and anywhere else you may have rotating parts that could get gunk in them.

• Stealth13

Posted April 19, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Ya I washed it and it was back to normal. Kinda sucked how a exc250 was only like 20 meters behind by 130...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.