How far can my 2011 YZ 450F go on a full tank?

3 replies to this topic
  • mfoti

Posted April 19, 2012 - 07:00 AM

I never owned an MX bike before. My last bike was a DRZ 400 that ran all day on a full tank. I do trail riding.... 2nd/3rd gear.. nothing really slow. Can i go 20 to 25 miles on a tank under those conditions?

• grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2012 - 07:41 AM

It's usually safe to figure on 20-25 mpg, but "your mileage may vary".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Octanee

Posted April 19, 2012 - 12:15 PM

im sure the fuel injection gets better over the carb'd, how much i guess depends on tuning, i know i went about 120 km's on my 450 taking it easy though, 5th gear putting along, used up about 4.5 liters out of 7 is what the tank is supposed to hold?

• phiderman

Posted April 19, 2012 - 01:31 PM

i did 40 miles in a mixed terrain desert race. single track mixed with wide open 5th gear

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.