Shock Sox on 230f?

1 reply to this topic
  • Parreett1

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:58 AM

Has anybody used Shock Sox or any other neoprene fork protector on their conventional forks? The boots on my bike are shot and looking at options. The local old school suspension guy told me that any neoprene protector can trap and pump water into the fork tube. Has anybody ever heard of this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4strokeridertt

Posted April 19, 2012 - 02:49 PM

Shock Sox are designed to be used on upside down forks to keep rocks from scratching or nicking the chrome on the fork tubes.
Damaged fork tubes are what cause seals to leak.
Shock Sox are meant to be run loose, doing so on a conventional fork allows dirt and water to settle on top of your seals. This is bad.
Order up a set of stock rubber boots for your forks.
Don't be a poser, use the right part for the right job.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Race Tech Emulator Set Up Database by werra

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  309 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF230F 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF230F 2015
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Possible Dirt in Engine by redrooster230

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

what should i buy? 230f or 250x? by offroad circus

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  27 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF230F 2014 by Fattonz

Honda CRF230F 2014
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Fattonz
  • On June 25, 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.