YZ250f Engine oil?

2 replies to this topic
  • Ktmrida4life

Posted April 18, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Im buying my first 4 stroke soon. A 2007 YZ250F. I rode one last week and it felt like it was made for me.. I had way to much on it, considering the bike was my buddies.. and I was supposed to be just "test riding' it. haha

Anyway Im curious as to what others are using for oil, what weight oil, and what is OK to use.. and how often do I really need to change it? Is every 10 hours often enough? Also, when doing an oil change.. how much oil do I need, and does the filter need to be replaced every oil change as well?

Edited by Ktmrida4life, April 18, 2012 - 11:42 PM.

• slyderHD

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:02 AM

Im currently running Valvoline 4t 15w50 in my 04 250f but im gonna switch to Rotella as soon as I run out of this. There are massive amounts of threads on this. Do a search and it will keep you busy for a few months reading. I change my oil every 4 hours. 10 is probably stretching it.

• SUnruh

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:18 AM

welcome!

and thanks for NOT reading the forum faq!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.