Black Wheels??

5 replies to this topic
  • motoman393

Posted September 03, 2001 - 08:45 AM

I tried to reply to this old thread http://www.thumperta...TML/000949.html and it didnt work and gave me an error message so I am posting a new thread! Click on the link above to read about what I am talking about!
-------------------------------------------

I thought I would bring back to life an old post that I was recently thinking about! How has the grill paint method lasted on your bike? I am thinking about doing this and while I'm at it I thought I would polish my hubs and make them look shiny! Anybody have any suggestions on how to polish the stock hub!

I have some pics of a YZ400 on my website CLICK HERE and he polished his stock hubs and they look killer! I would appreciate any comments that you have!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Steve_Claus

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:03 PM

Hey Motoman393,

Sorry for the problem...we're trying to figure out what's up with the old posts.?.? It looks like they've become archives (from which you can't reply) and I'm currently trying to fix it. For the time being, just copy the old post's original text and start a new thread (like you did).

I'll keep you guys informed on my progress...

• Chiledog!

Posted September 03, 2001 - 06:34 PM

Hey I checked out your web site, Are you nuts?. Your gettin some air buddy!. I can't believe a little kid like you is riding a 426 that's great, it looks like your smokin on that track. Can anyone keep up with ya?. I have been afraid to whip it because I read an article that said it's easy to whip but hard to get back straight.

Seeya!
Chiledog!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted September 04, 2001 - 12:13 PM

BUMP...come on guys when this topic came up 5 months ago alot of people had painted their rims. Thanks!!

Chiledog,
Thanks for the compliment! I have been riding since I was 10 and have had the 426 for about 10 months and really like it alot! Most kids my age ride 125's...I think 125's they are just "bumble bee's on steroids" LOL Gimme the FOUR TWENTY SIX!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• yzernie

Posted September 04, 2001 - 04:03 PM

Nice site and a great looking bike. What kind of forks are those?? They look very similar to the works style.

You are a jumping fool!!!

• motoman393

Posted September 05, 2001 - 05:10 PM

Ok guys I guess I am going to be the guinea pig. I am going to paint my rims in the next few weeks (whenever I get some time to disassemble the wheels) Any body have any recommendations for polishing aluminum? I have a dremel and Im sure they make a bit that would help polish aluminum? right? I will get some mothers aluminum polish or whatever and go from there. I would appreciate any feedback you have. I will try to borrow my friends Digital camera to take some pics of the finished product...and eventually put it on my site!

Oh yeah I just painted my frame guards with spray in bed liner stuff...it looks cool, I bet it will work awesome too (has a nice "gripper" feel to it, great for "whippin' it" on jumps LOL)! Later,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.