99 yz 400f bore

1 reply to this topic
  • boricua1

Posted April 17, 2012 - 07:48 PM

so i have a quick question. i bored it my 400 to the 420 and im thinking about runing the 13:5:1 piston ration. some people have told me i need to run race fuel or higher octane with this ratio is that true? and would i be able to just buy 91 and add more octane to it? anything helps thanks :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:25 AM

13.5:1 is usually manageable on pump premium, but with the 400 you may have to just try it and see. Part of it depends on whether you ride at 2-3000 feet or above most of the time and/or whether you like to lug the bike around or rev it up some.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.