Newbie Yamaha YZ400F help

22 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2012 - 08:27 AM

A correctly configured idle circuit is critical for good consistent starting, especially for a YZ426. "All stock settings" only works on certain year models at certain elevations. The 2000 model had jetting that was pretty well off the mark for most people, for example, while the '02 was better. All the '06's came with pilot jets that were at least a size too small to run right except near sea level, if that. So it varies.

Besides, other than jetting, there aren't any settings to set, really.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • austin b

Posted December 01, 2014 - 11:02 AM

i struggle with the decompression lever i can only use my thumb on it and kills to use so i usually just kick it with choke on and fires up after 5 to 10 kicks but it is hard im only 15 you should be able to do it easy

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2014 - 05:05 PM

You only pull the comp release for a few seconds while you position the crank. Watch the videos on the first page of the thread.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.