2008 TTR 230 Serious Jetting/Carb Question.

4 replies to this topic
  • Logan Fry

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I Have a 2008 TTR 230 and the stock jetting absolutly sucks, it constantly pops out the exhaust and sometimes fully backfires a loud boom (only happened 2 times) but now i have purchased a FMF PowerCore IV exhaust and now am looking for a jet kit on ebay since i cannot find any on known dirtbike websites (motosport, Rocky mtn, etc) I Have found 1 jet kit specifically for the 2008 TTR 230 and it has the option to call and get it custom ordered for your bike. But before i fork out 50 bucks for that i want to know what jettings i should get/look for. Please dont just reply witha copied and pasted link, i need actual helpful information for the TTR 230.

• goosey

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

I would find out what the stock sizes are, either by removing yours or looking in the service manual. Then I would get the next few sizes up (every other digit ex. 138, 140, 142) for the pilot and main. If your needle doesn't have clip positions then I guess the kit wouldn't be too much of a waste of money cause it'll come with a new needle that will have clip positions and probably a different profile on the business end, but if it does, I would just buy the jets individually.

Oh, don't forget to get a less restrictive air filter and take the cover off under the seat, this will change your jetting too

Edited by goosey, 16 April 2012 - 05:55 AM.

• Leardriver

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

The work has already been done for you. Look in the TTR stickies.

Replace the stock 35 pilot with a 38. It has a Yamaha part number, and is easy to find. Put a 130 main in to replace the stock 125. Open up the top of the airbox. Turn your fuel screw out to 2.0 turns. It will run like a new bike for less than $15.

• Darrellbro

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

The work has already been done for you. Look in the TTR stickies.

Replace the stock 35 pilot with a 38. It has a Yamaha part number, and is easy to find. Put a 130 main in to replace the stock 125. Open up the top of the airbox. Turn your fuel screw out to 2.0 turns. It will run like a new bike for less than $15.

Where do you find those jets? Yamaha used a carb called TK(Teikei) and does not carry any jets other than the factory sizes.

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Here's what I found doing a simple google search:

http://motors.shop.e...nkw=230 jet kit

http://www.thumperta...ts/page__st__20

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.