Akrapovic vs. FMF

2 replies to this topic
  • NewfoundlandLaw

Posted April 14, 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hey All

Just getting my new bike set up the way I like and I have kind of a fortuinate problem. I now have both a Akropovic Muffler (the one from the TXC 449) and an FMF Powercore 4 muffler.

Any suggestions on which I should use???

• JoePass

Posted April 14, 2012 - 12:30 PM

That's a good question, I'm curious to know which one gives a bigger boost myself. Since you have both maybe you can
be the official FMF vs Akro tester. You might consider waiting til you've got her nice and broken in then put on say the FMF and go
riding for a day. Then switch pipes and take out for a day with Akro and report back to us with your opinion. Make sure that the header
pipe for the TXC 449 ia the same diameter as your 511. I know the TC header is a little bigger than the TE's.

• NewfoundlandLaw

Posted April 14, 2012 - 03:02 PM

That's a good question, I'm curious to know which one gives a bigger boost myself. Since you have both maybe you can
be the official FMF vs Akro tester. You might consider waiting til you've got her nice and broken in then put on say the FMF and go
riding for a day. Then switch pipes and take out for a day with Akro and report back to us with your opinion. Make sure that the header
pipe for the TXC 449 ia the same diameter as your 511. I know the TC header is a little bigger than the TE's.

That sounds like a good idea. I want to get at least 300 kms on the bike before I go swapping the exhaust, but it should be a good test once I get there.

I will have my first 100 km review up soon, but this could be a good second review. Especially with respect to sound and power.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Husky. by Jdrost72

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 2-Stroke
  • Hot  41 replies
Forums
Photo

Mixed fortunes for Husqvarna’s Mike Brown at opening EnduroCross by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 4-Stroke
  • 12 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 Husqvarna Motorcycles Unveiled by Bryan Bosch

• 11 replies
Forums
Photo

The Tator's '94 Husky 610 Overhaul/Rebuild *pics* by Agitator

• Hot  245 replies
Forums
Photo

Husqvarna TC 250 2013 stack by bago

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  34 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.