Hebo clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • SSchulz

Posted September 01, 2001 - 07:07 AM

Installed my hebo clutch. I mounted the slave with a small aluminum bracket I made from some scrap I had laying around. Clutch pull is better than stock, but not quite as easy as I thought it would be. Maybe it will lighten up with a little use? Kevin at Erider has great prices and excellent service.

Posted Image

[This message has been edited by SSchulz (edited September 02, 2001).]

• PK

Posted September 01, 2001 - 01:19 PM

Glad to hear your Hebo is up and running. If you wanna feel good about your clutch pull, go pull a clutch on a KTM thumper and you'll realize yours is pretty darn good. Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made? I am interested in ditching my tie wrap system in favor of a more rigid mounting system?

Pat

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 01, 2001 - 06:54 PM

SSchulz, that is trick! I changed my lever that came on on my Hebo to a more CR like lever from Gas Gas. It fits perfectly & is much better than the Hebo mini-lever clutch lever that comes with the "kit". The action is much smoother & clutch work is awesome, so much less effort.

• SSchulz

Posted September 02, 2001 - 04:12 AM

Originally posted by PK:
Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made? I am interested in ditching my tie wrap system in favor of a more rigid mounting system?

Pat

Hi Pat. I changed the pic to a slightly different view so you can see the bracket a little better. It is very easy to make and securely mounts the slave unit. I can probably make you up one if you don't have the means to make one. I think I will try a different lever like GA426 suggested and see if that improves the pull a bit.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.