• G-Man

Posted August 31, 2001 - 09:32 PM

I will be there early by the trees.

#21 black backgrounds.

G-Man

• Dave_S

Posted September 01, 2001 - 11:49 AM

G

I'm planning on being there too. I am guessing you mean the trees by the starting gate?

#85 426

I'll look for you.

Dave S

• motojunkie

Posted September 01, 2001 - 03:38 PM

I'm in - KTM 520SX #37 white backgrounds.

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:17 PM

Whould you be the same G-Man who came to Atlanta a few years ago? Tha same G-Man who I picked up at the airport?

------------------
MX Tuner

• G-Man

Posted September 01, 2001 - 07:50 PM

Hey Tuner,
Yea it's me, and I still talk about the time I had known you for about 10 min. and we were white-knuckling it down the Atlanta Expressway! LOL

How ya been, yea I turned Blue and am having a great time on the Blue Beast.

Did you check out my web page on my profile?

Do you see any of the ol gang?

See you guys tomorrow!! :)

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

• G-Man

Posted September 02, 2001 - 12:19 PM

Just got back from SpeedWorld and overall all was good.

Met up with some ThumperHeads MotoJunkie and Dave S. It's always cool to meet people from the net and ride with them. They both seem like level headed guys and this is a good thing cuz I wouldn't want MotoJunkie to go postal one day and hit the wron BUTTON. After all he IS a "Nuclear Operator!! :)

They must pay good coin out there as he seems to have an unlimited bank account when it comes to his bike!

And yes folks he rides one of those orange thangs. He Let me ride it to evaluate it and it felt "different" not in a bad way, just it would take me some time to go fast on it.

We all started off together and that was fun. Dave and I did a pretty long moto and everytime I got some distance, I would stall it! Doh!
I did a mod to my clutch lever last night so I'm Blaming that!!! LOL

Can't wait for it to cool down, my enthusiasm to do long motos is not there, maybe a different track or something who knows, but I'm looking fwd to getting out of the triple digits!!! Happens every time right around now........

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_S

Posted September 02, 2001 - 04:09 PM

G, Good to meet you and MotoJunkie today. I had fun trying to keep you in sight. I am totally exausted!

Check my fork oil again and one was set to agou 65mm! I think I did no fully extend the tubes to get the oil trapped between them into the main chamber before I measured them. Removed a combined 100cc from both forks to put them at 120mm. (then triple checkied it) Gonna try it out tomorrow, probobly too soft now but I gotta experiment to know.

Amen to the coming of cooler weather. I will continue to perform my witch doctor voodoo full moon early winter dance regularly.

Good nite, gonna go collapse now.

Dave S

• G-Man

Posted September 02, 2001 - 07:09 PM

Hey Dave yea that was fun, the track was in good shape, and I got a good workout too!

If you have a syringe (you can get one at walgreens) you can add oil thru the air bleeders real easy. Just bring your fluid, and take notes.

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:09 AM

Glad to find you again. Yeah, I turned blue also. I'm riding a '98 WR 400 with a 450 kit. You know what they say.... too much horsepower is just enough.

------------------
MX Tuner

• motojunkie

Posted September 03, 2001 - 07:03 PM

Dave & G-Man, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you guys, and riding behind you this weekend. :D It's awesome to meet really cool people like you this way. It's nice that a couple of "blue" guys let me hang with them. I'm not used to that kind of acceptance(or was it charity). Thanks guys.

This was a pretty bad weekend for me. I got my butt kicked on the track by a 40-something year old, and by a 14 year old. I don't know which to feel worse about! :)

Looks like I have some practicing to do, see you guys soon.....Tom

P.S. - I don't have an unlimited budget for my bike. I wish! :D

• G-Man

Posted September 05, 2001 - 10:00 PM

Dave & G-Man, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you guys, and riding behind you this weekend. It's awesome to meet really cool people like you this way. It's nice that a couple of "blue" guys let me hang with them. I'm not used to that kind of acceptance(or was it charity)."

We felt sorry for you! :)

"This was a pretty bad weekend for me. I got my butt kicked on the track by a 40-something year old, and by a 14 year old. I don't know which to feel worse about!"

Hmmmmm that is a tough one MJ, I don't have an answer unfortunately....

"Looks like I have some practicing to do, see you guys soon.....Tom"

Hey for a short-timer your doing fine!

"P.S. - I don't have an unlimited budget for my bike. I wish!"

LOL coulda fooled me!! "If I had your money, I'd BURN MINE!!!!"

btw guys might go up and do the Prescott track this weekend.

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• motojunkie

Posted September 06, 2001 - 04:25 PM

I'll be at speedworld on sat & sun this weekend. But I'm interested in that PV track, maybe some other weekend, I'll be able to attend.

• G-Man

Posted September 07, 2001 - 08:42 PM

Well it looks like I will be there Sunday too, same place. See ya there!

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.