New toy today............

7 replies to this topic
  • daleb

Posted October 17, 2003 - 11:33 AM

Been riding a GasGas EC250 for a year or so and fancied a 4 stroke...

By chance called the local MX shop who told me where this has done 147 miles and is mint...last owner scared to death :) :D

Posted Image

Pick it up in a couple of weeks.... :D

• Sylvain

Posted October 17, 2003 - 02:47 PM

Nice bike,

From the end of the muffler, this could be a canadian edition. Less free mod to do. The end of the muffler has the seam welded. Good luck on the beast. It might be a bit different from your gasgas :)

Good luck

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 17, 2003 - 06:03 PM

Yep, She's a Canadian/Euro bike.. Nice DS kit.... You're gonna want to throw that muffler as far as you can... I've had a couple of those stockers before.... It's a crying shame what it does to the bike's perfomance... Let us know how you like it....

Congrats!!! :)

• huskyrider

Posted October 18, 2003 - 05:10 PM

Literally brand new and already DS'd to boot.
Where the heck am I when deals like this come around?
Hopefully I'll stumble across a similar deal soon.
Congrats on your new scoot.
Have fun, Kelly

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted October 21, 2003 - 12:12 PM

From the stock tires, the stock dual sport kit and so on, I would guess this one comes from Australia rather than Canada. I was unable to see what those european bikes look like.

Where are you from?

• Sylvain

Posted October 21, 2003 - 12:41 PM

It's a crying shame what it does to the bike's perfomance... Let us know how you like it....

You're right about that. I switch to a stock YZ pipe and the pleasure factor went way up. :) : :D

• WR_Dave

Posted October 21, 2003 - 07:03 PM

The Euro/Canadian muffler can be modified to work really well and not be as ridiculously loud as the stock YZ pipe. I cut four inches(yes INCHES not centimeteres---UGHHH) off of the stock pipe and gutted the baffles. I then cut a round piece of 3/16" flat steel too insert into the opening at the end of the pipe. I cut a hole in the middle of the round piece to accomodate a Honda XR 400 competition spark arrestor. Welded the round piece into the end of the can, drilled and tapped the holes to mount the arrestor and made a gasket to fit between the end and the arrestor. The bike breaths really well, has no problem hanging with my buddys YZ426 and a CR250.The pipe is not as loud as the YZF and it doesn't weigh very much either. I will send pics to those that PM me their e-mail or if someone wants to host the pics be my guest. I spent about a half hour with the cut off saw, a plasma cutter and the tig welder. Almost everyone knows a welder that could do the mod for a few bucks. Just my .o2 ---- WR Dave.

• cnacc

Posted October 22, 2003 - 09:09 AM

I would check it out good, It took more than 147 miles to rub the paint off of my frame with my boots. I am not saying it's a bad deal just be carefull.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.