2012 WR450F Australian Launch Vid

5 replies to this topic
  • graazzy

Posted April 10, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Pretty cool vid, enjoy! I am guessing all the grinding sparks at the start is part of the weight reduction program!
http://www.yamaha-mo...ds-offroad-team

• 1nd1anajones

Posted April 11, 2012 - 01:32 AM

I kind of wish I would have bought this instead of my yz450f

• bronkorob

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:03 AM

that was a great movie. but i gotta say, check out the other video on there. the one with kenny roberts getting back on his TZ750. that is impressive! but i also really like the old 2 stroke street bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • graazzy

Posted April 12, 2012 - 12:26 AM

that was a great movie. but i gotta say, check out the other video on there. the one with kenny roberts getting back on his TZ750. that is impressive! but i also really like the old 2 stroke street bikes.

Yeh, I thought Kenny was just gonna hop on and go through the motions, But he really wicked it up. When you have it, you have it!

• bronkorob

Posted April 12, 2012 - 06:15 AM

graazzy - yeah when he said he hasnt ridden a bike in a year, i thought the same thing. thought he might just cruise around waving and looking around. at first i was more interested in seeing the TZ, than the first turn he gets right into it, and the final pass down the striaghtaway was blazing fast.

• rob_thumpa

Posted April 12, 2012 - 07:35 AM

I conteplated this for a long time. The WR450F is reported to be not fast by critics. I'm a 6'2" bigger rider and I ended up getting the KTM 500 XC-W, light, handling is awesome and fast. I've never owned a KTM, but it comes with everything when you buy it, like hand guards for example. Feels lighter and handles better then my honda 450f. The hydra clutch is amazing. Fells like squeezing warm butter in your hand. Just my two cent. I cam close to securing the WR450F, but glad I ended up with KTM.

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.