426F transmision

5 replies to this topic
  • sid_125_04

Posted April 10, 2012 - 05:54 PM

As you have guessed if you are reading this 5th gear is out.......OK got the cases split and now i just need to make sure im going to ordering the right parts. I need 5th gear pinion, 4th gear pinion, 3rd gear pinion; and the shift fork that moves 3rd....which is shift fork 3? right? Also, how is this prevented from happening again? Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Shift fork two, not three.

As far as preventing it, the only thing you can do is be sure your shifts are quick, clean and positive, and made with a minimum load on the trans when the gears are actually being changed.

• sid_125_04

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:22 PM

ok thanks for the info......and riding like that isn't fun........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't know, I have a pretty good time, and I'm pretty hard on a bike when I'm on it, but I've never had a gear box go bad doing things my way. :thumbsup:

• sid_125_04

Posted April 12, 2012 - 04:55 PM

i guess its all about doing to procedure properly and quickly......looks like i need some better technique. (i did purchase the bike with 5th gear not working)

• grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2012 - 05:25 PM

Mostly it's about being quick and positive, so the lugs don't bash on each other when they're half engaged any more than necessary.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.