Pw80 oil change

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtbiker0128

Posted April 10, 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi Im trying to change the oil on my 2000 or 1999 pw80 cant remember the exact year. I can not find the oil drain plug for the engine oil. I know about the oil plug underneath that drains the gear oil but can not for the life of me find the other plug.

Great thanks to any help I could get

• rjpjnk

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hi Im trying to change the oil on my 2000 or 1999 pw80 cant remember the exact year. I can not find the oil drain plug for the engine oil. I know about the oil plug underneath that drains the gear oil but can not for the life of me find the other plug.

Great thanks to any help I could get

The PW 80 is a 2 stroke, which means there is no engine crankcase oil sump so there is no other plug.

There are two oil "containers" on the PW80, one is the transmission, and the other is the "premix" that gets mixed with the gasoline automatically by the oil injection system. This is the plastic tank under the seat.

Use regular 10W30 or ATM in the transmission gearcase and 2 stroke premix oil for injection systems like Yamalube 2S in the other tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtbiker0128

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:38 AM

Alrite thanks. Now There is some oil in the tank under the seat that I think is yamalube 2s, would it be ok to pour in yamalube 2r and mix the two oils?

• rjpjnk

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Alrite thanks. Now There is some oil in the tank under the seat that I think is yamalube 2s, would it be ok to pour in yamalube 2r and mix the two oils?

Sure.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Strait to a 250 2t? by tombom

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Worth rebuilding a '00 YZ250? by mr.boombastic

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 yz250f reliability? from 2 stroke to 4 stroke by Anderay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR/YZ 250F
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

yz85 vs cr125 power. by vertox

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 21 replies
Forums
Photo

yz 125 right for me? by 2 smoker15

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 19 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.