09 starter?

2 replies to this topic
  • n19dg2

Posted April 09, 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have an 09 WR450 that is giving me problems. The e-start appears to be "dragging" when I press the starter button. The bike will turn over slowly then you hear a "clicking" noise (solenod perhaps) and nothing. The battery is fully charged and I have a second battery that I tried as wel with the same results. The bike will fire right up when I use the kick start but not when I use the e-start. I want to be sure it is the starter before I spend $297 for a new one. Is the soleniod replacable or is it internal? Anyone else have this issue with a newer WR?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ridered318

Posted April 26, 2012 - 06:38 PM

i am having the same problem on my 07 wr450. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• MANIAC998

Posted April 27, 2012 - 04:53 AM

Have you checked all of your electrical connections? I would definately pull them all apart, clean them, and re-install with di-electric grease, before I'd buy a new starter. Even if this didn't fix the problem, it should eleminate it from ever being the problem in the future. Hope this helps.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.