Removing Headpipe For Oilchange.

8 replies to this topic
  • Nevada426

Posted August 30, 2001 - 03:04 PM

I'm tired of removing the exhaust system to change my oil (2000 YZ426). Is there an easier way to do it? Also, will the White Bros. Titanium header solve this problem? What's the difference between the three different headers?

• Boit

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:01 PM

Yes, the White Brothers hi-boy header eliminates the need to loosen the exhaust to get at the oil filter cover. This header is matched at the exhaust port for full flow. I'm using this header along with their carbon fiber silencer. I've found this system to enhance the bottom-end substantially. I've found the best results when used with race fuel and careful jetting.

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:47 PM

You dont need to remove the header, just loosen it up and rotate it up enough to get to the filter.

Doug

• yzernie

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:19 PM

I believe that almost all of the aftermarket headers clear the oil filter. If you like the stock pipe, see if you can find a 2001 header for your bike. There are usually plenty of them at this site or on something like http://eBay.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wildair99

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:44 PM

I have a 2001 426, i have done 1 oil change and had no problem getting to the oil filter without taking off the exhaust pipe, even though the manual said to remove it, i saw no reason too....????

• mor

Posted August 30, 2001 - 11:50 PM

can i put only the 2001 header on my 2000 and leave the stock mufler on?

• Nevada426

Posted August 31, 2001 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll probably get the White Bros. header. One last thing, will my stock muffler work with the White Bros. header or will I have to get a new muffler too?

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 31, 2001 - 09:34 PM

The 2001 header has been redesigned to rise above the oil filter, it does not have the problems earlier models had. The 2001 header also fits directly on earlier models.

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted August 31, 2001 - 09:46 PM

Yes, the stock silencer will fit on the White Bros. header. Use a new o-ring gasket at the junction while you are at it. I run both high boy and E series.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.