My weekend trip to Drumheller, Alberta - one of a kind riding

14 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted April 08, 2012 - 11:09 AM

I was riding in drumheller this weekend and made this video out of all the small videos combined, Never seen such a cool riding terrain like this before!

Only bad part of the trip was the last minute of the video... (2 of us did that)

change quality to 720p to see all the detail

Edited by Stealth13, April 08, 2012 - 11:10 AM.

• boonsie

Posted April 08, 2012 - 05:16 PM

Those are sweet videos. Where is your Calgary one taken. Me and a buddy are just getting into dirt and supermoto now that race city is closed, but we really have no idea where to ride except Waiprous and McLean, both I've never been to.

Cheers

• Stealth13

Posted April 08, 2012 - 05:30 PM

Those are sweet videos. Where is your Calgary one taken. Me and a buddy are just getting into dirt and supermoto now that race city is closed, but we really have no idea where to ride except Waiprous and McLean, both I've never been to.

Cheers

Calgary one is in foothills s.e area. I go there because it takes 10 minutes to ride there

• n16ht5

Posted April 08, 2012 - 05:35 PM

Sweet video.. Looks like a lot of fun

• Stealth13

Posted April 08, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sweet video.. Looks like a lot of fun

Ya it was very fun for me , I'm used to riding on just dirt/trees trails. There's like no trees in this part of drumheller

• travertt

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Stealth13....What a great place to ride.

If it wern't for the 2,500KM drive to get there...I'd be there tomorrow.

Where was your camera positioned...across your chest???

Interesting POV...lots of movement....like it!!

• Stealth13

Posted April 10, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Stealth13....What a great place to ride.

If it wern't for the 2,500KM drive to get there...I'd be there tomorrow.

Where was your camera positioned...across your chest???

Interesting POV...lots of movement....like it!!

It's the gopro chest mount , my favorite of them all. None of the riding here is the same as that , I like how it's so unique

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted April 10, 2012 - 05:10 PM

travertt, And if it wern't for the same 2,500KM drive to get to the Calabogie Boogie, I'd be there too!!! Have you ever been? It's in your neck of the woods. Maniac

• travertt

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:48 AM

travertt, And if it wern't for the same 2,500KM drive to get to the Calabogie Boogie, I'd be there too!!! Have you ever been? It's in your neck of the woods. Maniac

Maniac..I'm embarassed to say I never heard of it 'till you mentioned it. Just watched a bunch of videos http://www.bing.com/...oogie&FORM=VDRE and it looks like a great weekend! Gonna start lobbying my riding biddies to see if we can get it together for this Sept. I figure its about a 2.5 hour drive from where we are in Toronto....very do-able.

Too bad its 2.5 days for you.. :thumbsup:

Thanks for bringing it up.

• Alpha One Nine

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Only bad part of the trip was the last minute of the video... (2 of us did that)

Ouch! I hate when that happens.
I really hate it when my 400 l pound KLR falls on top of me. :thumbsup:

• Stealth13

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ouch! I hate when that happens.
I really hate it when my 400 l pound KLR falls on top of me. :thumbsup:

At least the bike didn't fall down too, I still got bruises from falling though. The crf450 behind me did the same thing but fell to the left

• sarkmych

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:05 AM

Questions: I'm from Edmonton and would LOVE to ride that area if its accessible (Not ATV banned I mean) see the other guy is on a berg'. Is that the FE 570 dual sport? And what are you riding? That looks like a WR 250? Whats the law enforcement liike around there? I have a WR 450 that I would love to take there but is it legal to ride that area? I do have insurance, registration, plates, etc. Sorry for all the ?? but I'm really excited...

• Stealth13

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:12 AM

Questions: I'm from Edmonton and would LOVE to ride that area if its accessible (Not ATV banned I mean) see the other guy is on a berg'. Is that the FE 570 dual sport? And what are you riding? That looks like a WR 250? Whats the law enforcement liike around there? I have a WR 450 that I would love to take there but is it legal to ride that area? I do have insurance, registration, plates, etc. Sorry for all the ?? but I'm really excited...

It's a legal riding area I have a street legal wr450 in the video. The berg is a 370 or something he also has a 570. The other bikes in the video are crf450 and gasgas300. The quads can ride too but some trails are too skinny for them. Hope this helps?

I can't wait to back there again, it's only 1.5 hour drive for me

• sarkmych

Posted April 11, 2012 - 01:09 PM

I've been looking at the dual sport mods and am seriously considering putting the trick dual sport kit on mine. Any issues with motor vehicles licensing or registering?

Edited by sarkmych, April 11, 2012 - 01:10 PM.

• Stealth13

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:01 PM

I've been looking at the dual sport mods and am seriously considering putting the trick dual sport kit on mine. Any issues with motor vehicles licensing or registering?

Depends where you live? I had no issues

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.