2002 YZ426F Changes

8 replies to this topic
  • OTBC_yz426f

Posted August 30, 2001 - 12:05 PM

Just would like to get some comments on the changes made to the 02. Doesn't look like there is anything ground breaking, just alot of little changes, most in the right direction (I think). Does anyone see any reason to rush out and replace the 01?

• Roostie_1

Posted August 30, 2001 - 12:29 PM

Nothing big for changes, lighter front hub, bigger rear rotor, minor carberation changes. No big reason to go out and sell the farm. Although as beat as yours is you might want to think about it :)

[This message has been edited by Roostie_1 (edited August 30, 2001).]

• yzernie

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:31 PM

You're right, nothing big for this year. Yamaha was trying to get the NEW :) bike ready for release for this year. Due to some minor setbacks they decided to wait to release the new version of the 426 after it was learned that production runs would be delayed. They did not want to delay the run since they wanted the bikes out before the Hondas.

2003 will be a big year for the new Yamaha four strokes. I wish I could tell you about them.

Ernie

• Coop39

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:49 PM

Ernie, I will tell you something if you tell me something??

see ya Coop

[This message has been edited by Coop39 (edited August 30, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted August 30, 2001 - 06:19 PM

Coop,

It is very hard for me to not spill it to you!! I have been sworn to silence or I will loose my sponsorship. I will say this....the shop already has my deposit for the 2003!!!

Ernie

• Husker_Mike

Posted August 31, 2001 - 07:12 AM

I must disagree with yzernie, I don't believe Yamaha had any intensions of releasing a new version of the YZ426 for `02. Here's why, as you know the two-stroke YZs got all the new updates this year, thus putting the spotlight on these models. In `01, you saw the introduction of the 250F. In no way is Yamaha going to change plastic on a one-year old model so it would match the new two-strokes or a new 426. Tooling for the molds for all new tank/side panels is too expensive to throw it away after one year.

For 2003 we can safely expect a new 426, an updated 250F (with new body work), and slightly refined two-strokes (bng's). You can probably guess that the `03 bodywork for the 426 & 250F will look very similar the the `02 two-stroke YZs (that whole branding, corporate look thing).

You will also see a KTM, Honda AND Husqvarna 250 four-stroke mx bike. I hear the KTM and Husky will have "the magic button."

• Scott_F

Posted August 31, 2001 - 10:35 AM

I saw pictures of the new Huskys on their website. I think they have a new 250 and 450, both with left side chain and e-start. They look real good, except for the hideous body styling. Whoever does their designs should be shot then fired.

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:25 PM

I've heard rumors of a YZ 450F (who hasn't by now) a YZ 150F and a YZ 65. 2003 should be an interesting year.

------------------
MX Tuner

• YZThump

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:28 PM

Originally posted by MX Tuner:
I've heard rumors of a YZ 450F (who hasn't by now) a YZ 150F and a YZ 65. 2003 should be an interesting year.

A YZ-65 ??? Vacuum Cleaner?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.