mffler wrap

1 reply to this topic
  • tobias3

Posted April 06, 2012 - 03:00 PM

I put some new wrap on my muffler recently. It came in a unopened pack with my bike when I bought it. It was quite easy to do. When I took the bike for a ride I was immediately struck by the intense vibration. In fact, it instantly made me nauseous! I had to stand to ease the affect. I assume I need more wrap than I used. The wrap went around a little over one time. How thick should it be? Or how many wraps should I do. My muffler is a Dr.D 2003. I should mention that I had put on a new lowering link ( yamalink) previous to riding the bike. Could this be somehow related?

Edited by tobias3, April 06, 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 06, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Are you talking about replacing the internal packing in your exhaust can, or wrapping the header and mid pipe?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.