How wire + to front light switch after stator mod (floating the ground)?

6 replies to this topic
  • BadRobster

Posted April 04, 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hi guys,

I have had my stock stator on my wr450 -06 modded to floating the ground. I also have a rectifier for it, but I do not know where to connect the new + wire from the battery to replace old wire from rectifier to the front light switch. Hope you guys understand what I have written and can help me out here.

Questions or clarifications needed? Let me know and I will answer them as best I can.

Regards Rob

• zibbit u2

Posted April 04, 2012 - 06:41 AM

once you float the ground, you need to replace your voltage regulator with a higher output DC unit. After that, to power your headlight/taillight, they both have to receive their power source directly from the battery thru a switch.

• BadRobster

Posted April 04, 2012 - 08:10 AM

once you float the ground, you need to replace your voltage regulator with a higher output DC unit. After that, to power your headlight/taillight, they both have to receive their power source directly from the battery thru a switch.

I have replaced the rectifier/votage regulator to one with a higher output DC unit. The taillight was no problem said the guy that modified the stator for me (he does more than 50% of the statormods for the factoryteams (KTM, Husaberg etc) in the Endurochampionchips). But he said that I should cut the + cable to the headlight switch and replace it with a new one directly from the battery. But I have no clue on where to do this, so that the stock switch still works and all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hjorth

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hi
Take a look at this, maybe you get some ideas.

http://www.supermoto...reet-conversion

Regards Carsten

• hjorth

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:59 AM

look at topic #8

• Akamatsu

Posted May 10, 2012 - 09:24 AM

Did you ever complete this project? I am at the same point that you were when you started this topic. I have the theory down, just looking for the cleanest way to accomplish it.

• BadRobster

Posted May 11, 2012 - 02:21 PM

Did you ever complete this project? I am at the same point that you were when you started this topic. I have the theory down, just looking for the cleanest way to accomplish it.

Yes I did, but I had a friend that is super with electrics doing it. I am on long term sick leave due to being burnt out, so my head does not work as it should.
When I get better I will write it down for ya and post it, but that will probably take a month or two more before I am fit enought to do that. Sorry mate.

//Rob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.