2009 YZ450F parts replacin'

5 replies to this topic
  • brettmac

Posted April 03, 2012 - 02:09 PM

Eh boi's and gals. Time to the bikes out and mon to some trails and roads. But before I am able to do that, I figured I should ask all of you experts some questions about my 2009 YZ450f.
Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of for my bike, or anything that should be replaced before the season really mons around. I bought er with about 30-40 hours on it and I would say it now has close to 120-150 hours. All paved road driving mostly, she was never raced or stressed tremendously. Engine was never touched on er, that is why I have came here to ask you fellas if there is anything I should replace. Also, do you guys know of any tire makes that produce street and trail tires that would fit my bike ? I found one tire and it was a (2.75 19inch) not too sure if she'll fit or not but I'm in need of one because my motocross tires burn through in about 2 weeks from all the rod driving.

I'd appreciate your input and any knowledge that you would like to share with me.

Take'r easy trouts, Thanks !

• rottenrooster4

Posted April 05, 2012 - 05:41 PM

I read this in a Wisconsin accent.

• rcdude33

Posted April 05, 2012 - 08:10 PM

usually it wouldnt hurt to throw a piston and rings in it. But that depends on how hard you are riding it and how much you do your maintence. The I got an 09 with 100hrs on it and its running great!!! I cant complain at all!

But back to the top end, i seen guys go 300+ hours without a problem. And maybe take a look at the valves, just to check em. BTW i need to haha i never checked mine haha. And i believe that tire should work.

But hey good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RiderX

Posted April 06, 2012 - 05:50 PM

As far as internal engine, I'd just put a cam chain in it, check the valve clearances, and call it good.

Edited by RiderX, April 06, 2012 - 05:50 PM.

• Yamiryder

Posted April 07, 2012 - 12:25 PM

wait, why do you have an mx bike if all you ride is paved roads?

• brettmac

Posted April 10, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Well i couldnt afford a WR450 so i said might as well mon to a YZ. I'll take my chances driving on mainroads and just hope for the best i dare say. Too much fun riding on the road i gotta say.
Im going to take'er to the shop and get the valves checked on er just as a precaution. It starts on the 1st and sometimes the 2nd
kick.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.