does anyone make a electric start kit for the 600r

5 replies to this topic
  • LISA

Posted October 15, 2003 - 08:04 PM

a buddy of mine has a 1994 xr600r and he was wondering if there might be somebody out there who makes an electric start kit for the bike?

• mr660

Posted October 16, 2003 - 01:26 AM

good old manual ASS is all I know of!! get TDC and give it hell! works every time! :)

• Desmo

Posted October 16, 2003 - 07:47 AM

Lisa, I also have a 94 xr600 and when I first got it I hated the kick start; Everytime I crashed, It would take forever to kick the gas out of the combustion chamber and make it start. This was always after I picked up the beast off the side of a hill and I was dead tired in 90 degree+ weather. I was going to sell it and get a "button bike". However, I found an Edlbrock Quicksilver carb off ebay and installed it. Now it starts so easily. Just kick it through a couple times and bam! I really don't miss having an electric start now. Besides I'm pretty sure that nobody makes a button for the xr600. It starts real easily right after a crash. Note, however that I took it to the high mountains and could not start it, tried for 20 minutes. I finally thought to adjust the external mixture knob to adjust for the thinner air and it started immediately.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taipan

Posted October 20, 2003 - 06:01 AM

Hi,
Yes there is a kit available. See http://www.xrstuff.c.../leckystart.htm for details. be warned, it's not cheap!
Best,
Taipan

• MLB

Posted November 15, 2003 - 02:48 PM

Read SOMEWHERE that Baja Designs is coming out with one very soon. DIdn't find anything on their website about it.

• Mainjet2001

Posted November 16, 2003 - 02:18 PM

There is a starter.
It's on the 650L.
lots of work, lots of money, but can be done.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.