yz450f quick throttle kills engine

8 replies to this topic
  • spiceman

Posted April 02, 2012 - 10:41 PM

i have a yz450f i bought recently.

even when warm, if i very quick snap the throttle from an idle. it dies instantly. is there a quick fix i can do to stop this? bump the idle up a tad? anything?

the guy i bought it from said it had a "poison jet" i have no clue what it is, but i'm assuming its been jetting up a bit.

• Hurky

Posted April 03, 2012 - 02:51 AM

Look @ this:

http://www.thumperta...minate-the-bog/
http://www.thumperta...400426450-faqs/

Regards

• Stealth13

Posted April 03, 2012 - 06:09 AM

even when warm, if i very quick snap the throttle from an idle. it dies instantly. is there a quick fix i can do to stop this? bump the idle up a tad? anything?

the guy i bought it from said it had a "poison jet" i have no clue what it is, but i'm assuming its been jetting up a bit.

Maybe dumb but is the gas turned on? Mine did the same thing then I switched it over to on

• travertt

Posted April 03, 2012 - 06:32 AM

You may have more and better results if you post this on the YZ forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spiceman

Posted April 03, 2012 - 09:10 AM

ah it was late i thought i put this in the yz forum, someone who can. please move it

• MANIAC998

Posted April 03, 2012 - 03:49 PM

No idea what a "poison" jet might be!! Perhaps you misunderstood him, and he said "Boyesen", as in Float bowl for the carb? Maniac

• hjorth

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I thourght this was normal with a flatslide carb, you have to "roll" the gas on.

On the WR range with the mx-fcr carb an acc. pump was added, and helped a bit on this.
With my wr426 i can provoke the same, but when driving, It never seems a problem.

Cv carbs do not have this issue, but not as much fun..

• spiceman

Posted April 04, 2012 - 11:43 AM

yea when i'm riding, i never notice. but it does happen if you try to take off from a stop and are too quick on the thorttle

• MANIAC998

Posted April 04, 2012 - 03:50 PM

No, that's not normal. Or more correctly, it might be normal, but can be eliminated with the proper jetting, fuel squirt, etc., etc..
Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.