after my rebuild

3 replies to this topic
  • bluesbiker

Posted April 02, 2012 - 01:52 PM

everything running great but wont start when very hot leave for 2 minutes bang away you go untill tonite bike cut out a nd would not start whatsoever ive chkd and theres no spark to the plug any ideas pls could it have been the coil slowly getting worn etc etc all wires look fine
wr 426 99/////// 2000 ish

• dustdogg

Posted April 02, 2012 - 03:07 PM

FYI there was no '99 or '00 WR 426, they were '01 & '02 only. Now back to your problem. Try a new plug, I had a similar issue with my 426 and started there before getting into coils, stators etc. Oh and try using a little punctuation, I think you will get more answers from TT'rs when they can understand the question. Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluesbiker

Posted April 03, 2012 - 07:36 AM

tried a new plug,, no spark if i run a meter to the coil spade and earth, what reading could i expect please if the stator is working.

• bluesbiker

Posted April 04, 2012 - 07:36 AM

i did these tests today pls bear with me spelling etc
ignition system primary coil resistance allowance is 0.20 to 0.30 ohms
my reading0.4 which will translate to 0.40 this is ok i think

secondary coil resistance ,,allowance is 9.5 to 14.3
mine was 10.9 this is ok

cdi magneto inspection pick up coil resistance allowancw is 248 to 372 ohms
mine was 275, again this is ok

ignition system source coil resistance allowance is 640 to 960
mine was 766 again this is ok

source coil 2 resistance allowance 464 to 696 ohms
mine was 555 again ok
disconected the black white wire from cdi unit to remove both neautral and kill switch but still theres no spark,,theres always ben a black wire not connected and when i connect the black white from cdi to switches wire i get 1 spark
any clues pls

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.