MS land issues...... sandal wearing hippie b@$trds

8 replies to this topic
  • Drinkn_Buddy

Posted October 15, 2003 - 06:31 PM

Fellow TT'ers we in the south desperately need your help. The environmentalists are petitioning the state of Mississippi to restrict some of the best lands in the state. You do not have to be a resident of the state to voice your opinion, please view the link below that was posted by another concerned TT'er. Alright Southern guys... lets not let this one turn out like Wolf River did in Tennessee
Mississippi land issues

• GrahamO

Posted October 15, 2003 - 06:47 PM

Welcome to California.

• Drinkn_Buddy

Posted October 15, 2003 - 06:56 PM

Thats the problem, we don't want to live in California !!!

• GrahamO

Posted October 15, 2003 - 08:53 PM

Damn democrats. At least we have a republican governor now (ha ha ha).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted October 16, 2003 - 05:59 AM

Thats the problem, we don't want to live in California !!!

Misconception Number 1
IT DONT MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE ITS ABOUT ACCESS

ITS A GLOBAL EFFORT.

BTW Welcome to California :)

• endurodog

Posted October 16, 2003 - 11:04 AM

What is the reason they want to shut the area out??

• Drinkn_Buddy

Posted October 16, 2003 - 05:29 PM

Do they ever need a reason? I have spent most of the day doing research on the matter and to the best of my knowledge the whole effort is being spearheaded by outside environmentalists groups. Since the land in question is Federal land, they think it is their duty to put a little conservation our way if you know what i mean. I would not be surprised if a few spotted owls miraculously migrate south here pretty soon.

By the Way, I found a link to electronically send in your comments and concerns. Please use "Forest Plan Revision" in the subject line. mississippi_plan@fs.fed.us

Yeah E.G.O, welcome to California :) I cant wait to get my red sticker and my absentee ballot to cast my vote for Governor Gary Coleman....

• endurodog

Posted October 16, 2003 - 07:53 PM

I would not be surprised if a few spotted owls miraculously migrate south here pretty soon.

They just released some Ferrets into the wild here in Colorado, trying to re-establish a natural population. When I read the article on it I about cringed because I can see them closing areas for them. auhhggggg!!!

• Drinkn_Buddy

Posted October 16, 2003 - 09:44 PM

Here it's the red cockaded woodpecker and the north american alligator. If even one is spotted on a tract of land the whole area is restricted, like we don't have enough peckers of all sorts already in this state :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.