Used bike, anything I should know?

6 replies to this topic
  • greendog

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi all, I'm new here. I've read the WR FAQ and done some searches but can't seem to find the specific info I'm looking for, which is:
I'm looking at an '07 WR450. I've only seen pics of it but it only has 1300 km/107 hours on it and it looks good. Is there anything that could be an issue with that year of WR? It has the grey wire mod done but everything else is apparently stock. Thanks in advance.

Edited by greendog, April 02, 2012 - 05:34 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 02, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hi all, I'm new here. I've read the WR FAQ and done some searches but can't seem to find the specific info I'm looking for, which is:
I'm looking at an '07 WR450. I've only seen pics of it but it only has 1300 km/107 hours on it and it looks good. Is there anything that could be an issue with that year of WR? It has the grey wire mod done but everything else is apparently stock. Thanks in advance.

Nothing bike specific to look out for on that bike.
Just do some discovery on what kind of 'relationship' the owner has had with the bike.
That is THE KEY.....

• Stealth13

Posted April 02, 2012 - 07:19 AM

You can tell he rode it pretty slow for the hours to km ratio that's for sure

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travertt

Posted April 02, 2012 - 07:42 AM

You can tell he rode it pretty slow for the hours to km ratio that's for sure

Good point...it works out to 12 kilometer per hour or about 7.5 miles an hour over a five year period. (not counting the 2012 season).

Something has to be wrong with either the mileage or the hours! Are you sure the 1,300km is the odometer and not the trip meter?

It speaks as well to Krannie's point as to what was the real relationship between the owner and the bike. With that usage data... He's been driving it about 21 hours a year at 12 kilometers per hour (7.5 MPH) for a total of 260 kilometers (163 miles)....all averages of course.

Seems almost impossible...assuming I haven't screwd up the math.

• Stealth13

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:06 AM

When I bought my bike it seemed screwed up too but the other way around. For the hours and km it said he had like 700km and would have averaged about 80kmh

• td42ti

Posted April 02, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Don't the hours count any time the motor is running though? So if the bike is used mostly on dirt and is used in a technical area then it will have a lot of idle time and the average speed will be very low. My car, over 1000km will have an average speed of about 50km/h and that is for city and highway driving. So 12km/h average for a WR is not impossible. The 80km/h average I would be concerned about!!!

• Stealth13

Posted April 02, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Don't the hours count any time the motor is running though? So if the bike is used mostly on dirt and is used in a technical area then it will have a lot of idle time and the average speed will be very low. My car, over 1000km will have an average speed of about 50km/h and that is for city and highway driving. So 12km/h average for a WR is not impossible. The 80km/h average I would be concerned about!!!

Can you reset hours on the 2006? It only had 700k when I got it, now after 2 months 2200 :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.