First look: 2012 Rinaldi factory Yamaha´s on display...

6 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:56 AM

Back to blue....somewhat at least. :thumbsup:

David Philippearts and Steven Frossards factory bikes for the upcoming GP season.

First GP next weekend, Valkensward.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope the 2012 GP season gets a little more exciting than the -12 AMA SX season.

Yamaha rider Frossard looks to be one of the favorits going in to the season, winning the international Italian MX championship last weekend, beating many top names including 5 time world champ Antonio Cairoli.

A look at one of the rounds of the italian mx championship: (love the sound of those Rinaldi Yamaha´s ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6injb0NXyLI

• YHGEORGE

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:46 AM

If I was Yamaha I would not be happy with that look. Racing is a marketing excercise. If the bike brand cannot be identified on the track the money is wasted. The green Monster logo makes it look like a black Kawasaki.

• HRC

Posted April 01, 2012 - 10:41 AM

If I was Yamaha I would not be happy with that look. Racing is a marketing excercise. If the bike brand cannot be identified on the track the money is wasted. The green Monster logo makes it look like a black Kawasaki.

At least there is some blue on it now. From 2008 to 2011 it was all black.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2strokeDude

Posted April 01, 2012 - 10:48 AM

But the backwards engine, frame, the yamalube logo on the swingarm, and the Yamaha logo's on the forks make it look like a Yamaha :thumbsup:

• Stu2

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:01 AM

Do you guys think they run some kind of engine re-locating collars like the DrD collars ?

• ah665

Posted April 02, 2012 - 09:06 AM

But the backwards engine, frame, the yamalube logo on the swingarm, and the Yamaha logo's on the forks make it look like a Yamaha :thumbsup:

Well I don't think George is coming outta left field with that comment. Look at how all the contigencies were written up: You had to run manufacturer colored plastic (or usually at least the front fender) to be awarded any pay-back. It makes sense. Either way, I am a big fan of these bikes and the blue is a nice touch.

• HRC

Posted April 03, 2012 - 04:15 AM

A nice video of bikes in action !

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.