Jetting?!?!

3 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted October 15, 2003 - 02:26 PM

I just cant seem to get it right. It rips on top. It rips good throughout the entire range but still backfires on decel. THe fuel screw is turned out almost 4 turns. It takes a while to start cold now too and is backfiring when I try and start it. Does anyone have any ideas? Setting are in my sig except for fuel screw, which is turned out more. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, D :D :) :D :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 15, 2003 - 02:28 PM

Try a 48 pilot jet. and try position #5 on the needle clip and move up to a 72 starter jet for cold conditions :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted October 15, 2003 - 03:00 PM

When everything is correct, there WILL be a little popping on decel.....it is normal; throttle closed means high vacuum and rich mix exiting the exhaust system. When it hits open air the unburnt fuel burns.....

• James_Dean

Posted October 15, 2003 - 09:50 PM

Try the blue marked needle in the 3rd clip position. It will richen 0-1/4 throttle only and will not need the fuel screw turned out as far.

James

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.