Suspension Oil '01'

5 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted August 28, 2001 - 09:55 PM

All,

I ordered 2 bottles of the yamaha Suspension Oil "01" for the forks from my local store and to my surprise it was $22/ea!! Holy smokes!! Does anyone know of a place where I can get it cheaper?

Also how many of you use the yamaha oil "01" and how many of you use something else?

• Roostie_1

Posted August 28, 2001 - 09:57 PM

I use Bel-Ray, it's about one-third of the price you just mentioned!

• SUnruh

Posted August 28, 2001 - 09:59 PM

sure,
Autozone has Mobil 1 ATF for under $8 a quart.

sometimes you have to pay for the best and other times you don't! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scooter426

Posted August 29, 2001 - 02:46 AM

Bel Ray makes a high quality synthetic for about 1/3 the price. "01" translates to 5 weight oil, just in case you were wondering. Set the oil height to the correct level for your riding style and body weight. Stock is 130 mm from the top. I am at 100mm (195 lbs). Do this with the forks fully compressed and the spring out.
-Scooter

• DaveJ

Posted August 29, 2001 - 12:00 PM

Sir Thump,

You can get the KYB O1 fluid from Enzo Racing. I think it's about $15 a quart.

DaveJ

• IBWFO

Posted August 31, 2001 - 04:20 AM

try silkolene. It's pretty inexpensive and is claimed to be the same visc as 01.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.