Where CaveMike? Need increase oil capacity 07 WR

4 replies to this topic
  • n16ht5

Posted March 31, 2012 - 01:23 PM

N16ht5 need increase oil capacity. See CaveMike thread only find SFB clutch cover and rekluse cover. N16ht5 no find SFB cover on internet. N16ht5 find lookalike ebay cover, wonder if extra oil. N16ht5 go long ride in month many miles far away, no want change oil. No find pwr radiator kit or no toil kit. N16ht5 scared to drill yammerhammer no want hokey bike...

N16ht5 make bike perfect but no way add more oil. N16ht5 miss XR, no oil change for many moons. N16ht5 close to snap, club CaveMike for no find answer.

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:11 PM

N16ht5 need increase oil capacity. See CaveMike thread only find SFB clutch cover and rekluse cover. N16ht5 no find SFB cover on internet. N16ht5 find lookalike ebay cover, wonder if extra oil. N16ht5 go long ride in month many miles far away, no want change oil. No find pwr radiator kit or no toil kit. N16ht5 scared to drill yammerhammer no want hokey bike...

N16ht5 make bike perfect but no way add more oil. N16ht5 miss XR, no oil change for many moons. N16ht5 close to snap, club CaveMike for no find answer.

Like oil too... England where caveman make sfb cover ....ug..

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f0a0d46cc

http://www.ebay.com/...670370675&ps=54

Edited by hawaiidirtrider, March 31, 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shrubitup

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Dude, whatever. Just change it around 1000 miles. Be near a big metropolis so you can dispose of it properly. Bunch of road miles ain't gonna put big strain on the WR motor IMO provided you're going less than 60 mph.

• n16ht5

Posted March 31, 2012 - 05:33 PM

I ordered one up. Found 03' yzf fits. $78 shipped. thanks

Shrub, I'll call it good with the cover. If anything else it will be stronger than stock. :thumbsup: Ill measure when I get it.

I guess its good to KISS. An oil cooler might make things more complicated than they need to be.

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted March 31, 2012 - 05:58 PM

I ordered one up. Found 03' yzf fits. $78 shipped. thanks

Shrub, I'll call it good with the cover. If anything else it will be stronger than stock. :thumbsup: Ill measure when I get it.

I guess its good to KISS. An oil cooler might make things more complicated than they need to be.

I put an sfb on my cr...more for bling but I have seen some side covers get punctured on rocks. The sfb has just a little more oil and it's tough and nice looking. If I were you I wouldn't mind an oil cooler if I just could buy it and bolt on. I put an HT oil cooler for my rfs motor this way. of course not really needed but I plan on keeping my bike a long time and it's street legaled.. The extra oil can only benefit.I change my oil a little less often with the added oil capacity. ...but just changing oil isn't much of a hassle...Everyone around me kept telling me not to spend the money and just change the oil.. There point is valid. I just wanted the HT oil cooler cover anyway.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.