Supercross

Looking at getting some Falken Tires for my bike

14 replies to this topic
  • Nathanael

Posted March 30, 2012 - 04:14 AM

They must be pretty good tires, I mean RV mentions them every time he's interviewed on the podium! I'll admit though I don't know much about them, because until RV mentioned them I've never heard of them. For some reason I thought he was on Dunlops or something, but maybe Falken is a Dunlop model I've just missed when tire shopping?

Anyway, RV hooks up incredibly out there in the dirt in the corners and stuff. So these Falken tires must be the best in the business. Anyone tried them yet?

Edited by Nathanael, March 30, 2012 - 04:15 AM.

• Thumpin71

Posted March 30, 2012 - 05:14 AM

They are a little tough to get seated on the rim... the size just doesn't seem right!

• MotoEye

Posted March 30, 2012 - 05:44 AM

You'd be better off investing in some of that Monster "Air" he sips on the podium. That stuffs awesome!!!

• 2-fiddy

Posted March 30, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Sumitomo Tires owns Falken, Ohtsu AND Dunlop....Research..is all it takes. If Sumitomo wants to push Falken tires for cars and trucks in the US, over bragging about Dunlops winning the race, that is their decision.

• 525tom

Posted March 30, 2012 - 07:15 AM

Whatever happened to those pickles he was promoting? Must have not been that good since they lasted only a couple of races.

• MotoEye

Posted March 30, 2012 - 07:41 AM

He's still with them. Says he's not big on the spicy ones though. Here's a link with the last update on their site. Wey, Osborne, Blose and Ginofffli also draw support. I think Wey's wrench, Big Nasty is a co-founder.

http://www.mandingop.../racing-update/

• yamahammer426

Posted March 30, 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm trying to get some Traxxas R/C cars, DVS shoes, and Muscle Milk to put on/in my bike, too.

Wait, what? They don't make dirt bike parts?

• 525tom

Posted March 30, 2012 - 01:01 PM

He's still with them. Says he's not big on the spicy ones though. Here's a link with the last update on their site. Wey, Osborne, Blose and Ginofffli also draw support. I think Wey's wrench, Big Nasty is a co-founder.

http://www.mandingop.../racing-update/

Mandingo! That's right, I forgot the name. If the co-founder is a mechanic for Wey, that makes sense why it is related to MX/SX.

I don't like pickles so I wouldn't know if they are good or not..

• Towelie

Posted March 30, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Them falken girls were hooking up great, lots of grippy traction with every thrust, I couldnt spin out no matter how much tried and in like 15 seconds I was totally spent

• meyermetal

Posted March 30, 2012 - 01:29 PM

They are at every race

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by meyermetal, March 30, 2012 - 01:32 PM.

• MotoEye

Posted March 30, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Mandingo! That's right, I forgot the name. If the co-founder is a mechanic for Wey, that makes sense why it is related to MX/SX.

I don't like pickles so I wouldn't know if they are good or not..

I don't like them either. The good thing is all the guys there have a moto background and they support riders where possible. :thumbsup:

• Chaconne

Posted March 30, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Them falken girls were hooking up great, lots of grippy traction with every thrust, I couldnt spin out no matter how much tried and in like 15 seconds I was totally spent

LMAO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 15 seconds no way dude you are exaggerating. :lol:

• Towelie

Posted March 30, 2012 - 05:54 PM

LMAO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 15 seconds no way dude you are exaggerating. :lol:

YOu dont think I am going to admit two pump chump on the internetz do you? I got an image to uphold, what if some chick from Match.com finds me here and sees I only two pumps after I told her that never happens..I swear..

• Zach Gilbert

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:33 PM

I never put 2 and 2 together. Forgot that the falken/monster combo is also with Vaughn Gittin.

Posted Image

• Nathanael

Posted March 31, 2012 - 08:18 AM

They are at every race

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that is one ugly truck.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.