2nd Wheel Set for my 08' ?

3 replies to this topic
  • GlennR

Posted March 29, 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm looking for a 2nd wheel set for my 08' and wonder what other bikes might have compatible wheels. I know rims are rims, so I assume it's the hubs & brake rotors that matter.

Also, I noticed a WR450 for sale with an extra set of wheels and the rear is a 19" instead of the stock 18". Is that an improvement for dirt, or just a harder to find and more expensive tire ?

If I can't find an affordable set maybe I'll just get one for the rear, since that's the one which wears out the quickest and the one I need most to launch me through the "deep & steep" stuff. :thumbsup: Does that make good sense?

• MANIAC998

Posted March 30, 2012 - 05:19 AM

19" is supposed to be better at MX & SX, and that's about it. Not enough sidewall for off-road riding if you ask me. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted March 31, 2012 - 06:44 AM

19" sucks balls. I am waiting it out on craigslist for a spare front wheel

• GuyGraham

Posted March 31, 2012 - 09:26 AM

a quick use of the search function found this

older plain round wr/yz discs bolt straight up no probs

look out for yz fronts, as your speedo drive won't work
19" rears are yz, and restrict tyre choice esp if you want road legal

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.