2002 wr 426 sputter

3 replies to this topic
  • stokerslo

Posted March 28, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi everyone, I have a 2002 wr 426 that has always ran good. however, due to children i have let it set in the garage with old gas for approx. 1.5 yrs. I put new gas, plug, cleaned filter and squirted carb cleaner in the float bowl. The problem i have is that it really hard to start and when it does start, it backfires like crazy. I rode it and opened it up for like 8 mi. but it still does the same thing, backfiring and wont idle. When it is warmed up it will only start with the hot start and the choke on. In the past, it always started without the hot start and choke when it was warmed up. Any advise on what i should do to make it run again?

• stokerslo

Posted March 28, 2012 - 03:35 PM

oops wrong topic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan426

Posted March 28, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Sounds like your jets are dirty. old gas will do that. You can clean (pain in the rear) them but I would just get new ones. There cheap.

• grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nowhere near as cheap as cleaning them. What's so hard about it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.