Supercross

Stewart's Injury(s)

42 replies to this topic
  • HAV

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

I think Stewart mentioned in his call-in interview that he broke a bone in his hand? Is this true?

• MRD RACING

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

I dont know why he would say he might be back next week if he knew he broke his hand

• MotoEye

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

He did say it.

http://www.racerxonl...otebook-toronto

Stewart was interviewed on the SPEED television broadcast of the race where he revealed he had not only hit his head last week, but also broke his hand and tweaked a few other old injuries. Based on that, we would expect Stewart to at least miss this weekend’s race in Houston. After that race comes the only off-weekend of the season for Easter, which could provide enough time for some riders to come back into the series.

It'll probably become serious enough to keep him out of the nationals. :thumbsup:

• T-Doshi9

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

i think he did. but it must not be that serious of one. i have fractured my hand before and while it hurt it was still very usable. strength wasn't there and gripping hard was next to impossible. should be interesting to see how this plays out. plus it would be 2 weeks to heal. I'm sure by then he will be getting the strength back some and the pain will almost disappear when the adrenaline kicks in... look a kdub! dude can barely walk and does 28 no issues!

• BDubb106

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Im not claiming to know any facts... but I still believe they misunderstood him. They asked him about his past injuries when he mentioned the broken hand. I dont think its broken. The whole world would know via twitter by now if he did indeed break it.

• MotoEye

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Im not claiming to know any facts... but I still believe they misunderstood him. They asked him about his past injuries when he mentioned the broken hand. I dont think its broken. The whole world would know via twitter by now if he did indeed break it.

Not sure what could have been misunderstood. :thumbsup: Here's the interview.

http://www.speedtv.c...5013001/1#_vtop

Edited by MotoEye, 28 March 2012 - 07:31 AM.

• BDubb106

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Not sure what could have been misunderstood. :thumbsup: Here's the interview.

http://www.speedtv.c...5013001/1#_vtop

Sorry missed the link you posted... Guess I misunderstood then. I thought he said the part about the hand after the hard hit question. Thats what happens when alcohol and SX mix. lol

• mictheaussie

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

I think that 'hand' is code for 'Pride'. His pride is broken.

• BDubb106

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Normally I would agree but he clearly stated his pride was his worst injury as well.

Edited by BDubb106, 28 March 2012 - 07:39 AM.

• wes513v

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

i think he did. but it must not be that serious of one. i have fractured my hand before and while it hurt it was still very usable. strength wasn't there and gripping hard was next to impossible. should be interesting to see how this plays out. plus it would be 2 weeks to heal. I'm sure by then he will be getting the strength back some and the pain will almost disappear when the adrenaline kicks in... look a kdub! dude can barely walk and does 28 no issues!

But you forget, K-Dub is a God.

• Hillcapper

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I dont dislike Stewart but I will be amazed if he rides Outdoor Natls this year.

• T-Doshi9

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I dont dislike Stewart but I will be amazed if he rides Outdoor Natls this year.

why?

• gnarlycharly

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

why?

because thats how he acted the last few years, if this was pre 09 stewart i would say he would be riding whether in a cast or not, he would be in outdoors. remember how fast he was in outdoors what happened :thumbsup:

• T-Doshi9

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

he had a sx only team and they have been very open about them not wanting to do it even after he left. but i guess you have a point! i just don't see it! oh well... moving on! here is to outdoors..

• cbrf1wr

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

because thats how he acted the last few years, if this was pre 09 stewart i would say he would be riding whether in a cast or not, he would be in outdoors. remember how fast he was in outdoors what happened :thumbsup:

I'm getting those same vibes from Stewart as well regarding the latest injury. I think he "KNOWS" his only shot at a title with RV and RD racing the outdoors is with himself at 100% physical strength and "NO" injuries whatsoever. Anything less and he probably will not even line up to race. Prove me wrong James. Get out there and race. We need you out there and kicking @#@ again. I'm tired of this total domination follow the leader(RV) racing we got now in SX. We want to see a battle at the front instead of 2-3 guys battling trying to make it in the top 10 every week.

• Hillcapper

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

For all the reasons in above posts. I would almost be willing to bet he doesnt race Outdoors but i sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'll be at Highpoint and want to see all the top riders out there!

• 150dirtcomber

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'd be surprised if he doesn't race the nationals. 2 lackluster SX only seasons - I bet he doesn't want to keep going down that road. He wants redemption (I hope, have no clue where his mindset is) And he's learned that he can't solely rely on Supercross for that. Plus, he's had his most success outdoors (24-0) he has to have at least a little confidence with that history.

James isn't out of this yet.

• rolliew

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

49 minutes ago - from James Stewart

I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend!! So here I come Houston!!

Cool.

Edited by rolliew, 29 March 2012 - 07:52 PM.

• MRD RACING

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

sweet !! now we just need him and poto to start up front in the main

• Tony477g

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

My dream is that stewart and villopoto battle for 19 laps the last couple of races, and villopoto runs out of gas on the last lap of each race!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

KR94 to RCH, rumors or truth by ajcjr

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  61 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Whats up with the food poisoning by K-JA

• 11 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

2015 SX Schedule by motojase316

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Seatle Bench Racing by Fryboy

• Hot  149 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Red Or White Monk? by Squid_Racer

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.