Hick

1 reply to this topic
  • ricky1

Posted August 27, 2001 - 09:51 PM

Been having trouble posting this.

Hick
Yes, I did try #3 first, and #2 is the way to go. I am going to try a EKR also. The day after I found these settings I rode at 2500-4000ft, and it was even better. A little lean on the pilot, but I could barely control the wheelies.
I do believe the added fuel from the acc. pump did the trick. The BEST BENEFIT of the BK mod is the infinite adjustability of the acc. pump.
I ordered the adjustible PAJ. I don't understand why you use a smaller PAJ when you go to smaller pilot jets?

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 yz426
'00 yz426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 27, 2001 - 01:22 PM

Originally posted by ricky1:
I ordered the adjustible PAJ. I don't understand why you use a smaller PAJ when you go to smaller pilot jets?

I don’t either, but it does work better. Apparently the main – main air jet and pilot – pilot air jet sort of go together, go larger on one and you may need to go larger on the other.

IF that is the case then I’m at a loss as to why the WR comes with a 75 and the YZ a 100 since they both have a 42 pilot, but the WR is obviously getting less air in stock form through the carb.

BTW you may also try running without your main air jet altogether. 200 is the largest size avail., and all the thumpers come with that size (DRZ, WR, YZ etc.). On a tip from a road race tuner somebody on the WR side tried going without it and it worked well for them and others. Removing it effectively results in a passage that is in the .210 to .220 range. My bike seems to hit the rev limiter slightly better without it.

The MAJ is right next to the PAJ.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.