Grips for big hands

2 replies to this topic
  • TallJohn

Posted October 15, 2003 - 04:33 AM

Now, as a big guy, with big hands I would prefer to hold onto thicker grips (helps stop my pinkies from blistering on a long enduro). Does anyone know of a supplier who does this, or am I going to have to wrap my originals up with rubber car mats and tie wraps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ob1quixote

Posted October 15, 2003 - 04:40 AM

I use street bike grips. They seem to be a lot wider, and a little thicker. The "thumb guard" is also smaller, helps me avoid that blister on the bottom thumb knuckle.

Robert :)

• tctrailrider

Posted October 15, 2003 - 07:02 AM

Talljohn,
Get a roll of double sided masking tape. Wrap the bar to build it up, splash Mineral Spirits in the grip and on the tape, slip it on, and you have oversize grips that won't move. This is how golf grips are installed and oversized.
Let them sit for 10 min. and your good to go.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.