09 yz450 too easy to kick over

3 replies to this topic
  • stoney55

Posted March 27, 2012 - 12:36 PM

My 09 just started kicking over way too easy. (in my opinion) is this just a decompression variance or is something wrong? it still starts fine and runs fine and i feel no loss of power. any help is appreciated so i do not grenade my bike. thanks

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Could be carbon on the valve stems. Check the valve clearance to be sure one isn't to tight. Also check the cam timing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blakers213

Posted March 27, 2012 - 01:05 PM

My 09 has done this before. I will be kicking it and all the sudden its like my decompression is on steroids. It is kind of nice, very easy to kick over and actually started that way once. I always wondered if this is how the decompression is supposed to be all the time or if something was wrong at that time. It does that less than 1% of the time.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2012 - 03:29 PM

It's nothing related to the decomp mechanism. That either works or doesn't, and it's so simple it basically never doesn't work.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.